Sunday, September 27, 2009

Back Home Again

Scrapbooking to some is a chore, and to others it is a treat. This past weekend was a treat. My sister joined me for some scrapping time for three days – away from meal responsibilities, making beds, running kids to their events and anything else part of the routine (I mean blessed) day at home. I did not get quite as much done as I would have liked (29 pages), but the time I had to spend talking with my sister, listening to Christian music, and reviewing special memories was more than worth the weekend. We missed our sister-in-law, whose schedule became too crazy to join us, but we enjoyed dinner together on one of the nights.

One of the things I enjoy most about scrapping is being reminded of the many blessings I enjoy with my family. Some of the pictures may not be great, but the stories behind them are priceless. Maybe blogging has prompted my desire to write. Whatever the reason, I enjoyed telling the story in words as well as in pictures and colors.

I will never be caught up, and it does not really matter. I scrap because I enjoy it, and my kids enjoy seeing what I do. I have learned to do some scrapbooking online on Shutterfly, but the hands one paper books are my favorite. Unfortunately, they take the most time.

If you are a scrapper, I would love to hear about some of your favorite pages or techniques. I am pretty much a cardstock paper kind of girl, but occasionally an embellishment calls my name. Here are a few of my favorites from this weekend.

I may not be able to scrap for a while – maybe a long while – and that is OK. In the meantime, I will continue to document how my family grows and what blessings God chooses to send our way.

2 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I love your pages. How fun to get away and scrap. I so need a scrap weekend. I will never be caught up either, but I keep trying. Great pages.

Jodi said...

Your scrapbook pages look great! I used to be really into scrapbooking, but after having my 3rd child, it's been put aside for many years. I still enjoy it every now and then, and I truly miss it. It's fun looking back at all of the memories. Glad you had a nice time with your sister!