Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Color Pink

Yesterday, I celebrated my 19th anniversary. Wow! Nineteen years seems like so long ago, and yet it has gone by quickly. The births of four children, changes in jobs, a few moves, church changes, personal growth, God challenges – all this to mold each of us more into what God wants us to be. I would have never guessed how much my husband would bless my life. He is a gift to me.

Now where does the color pink come into this? Again, some of my random thoughts. I was thinking about my June wedding 19 years ago. The girls wore pink, tea length dresses. My flowers were beautiful and sprinkled with an array of pink roses. Now I always had said that I would never be married in June and definitely would not have pink. Somehow, that all changed. I am not sure how, but it was beautiful nonetheless.

Today I am blessed with the dozen pink roses on my desk. In the midst of the bleak spring and early summer we are experiencing, the aroma and splash of color are a treat. The fact that my sweetie brought them with him to our weekly pizza lunch date only adds to the blessing.

My nails are pink today. I enjoyed a manicure yesterday for the first time. It felt special to be pampered for awhile. Now if only I could keep my hands out of dishwater and other household duties that wreak havoc on freshly painted nails.

Pink –a color today of pleasant memories and present blessings.



1 comment:

Jodi said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love pink too, and it holds a special memory for me as well. I'll tell you about it someday:) God Bless you and your husband on your Anniversary and may you have many many more blessed years together!