Friday, December 19, 2008

Valentine's Day in December

What? Yes, my friends, Valentine's Day can occur any day of the year - at least according to my husband.
My sweetie surprised me this morning. He sneaked out while I was getting ready for the day and returned with my van filled with gas and a Starbucks mocha latte in hand. Oh, and my drink had a little heart drawn on the lid.
"Happy Valentine's Day! I love you!"

I have been struggling with a bad cold, not one that keeps me down, but one that is annoying. You all know that moms cannot get sick. They have to keep moving and take care of everyone else. I am married to someone who appreciates that fact. He knew that life gets crazy sometimes and that I would appreciate a break.
I couldn't help but smile as he presented me with his present of love and appreciation.
My kids are watching. They see that the little things matter in marriage. They are learning that it is important to show one another how much we love them.
I am so blessed with my husband. No marriage is perfect, but I am thankful for the one that I have. God has taught us a lot over the 18 years that we have been married.
Not every day can be Valentine's Day, but I am thankful that we can celebrate it in our home more than once a year.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Sandy, that is really sweet. It sounds like something my husband would do. Every day is Valentine's Day around here as well. We also try to set a good example for our children, I pray that they will be as blessed as we are some day.

He & Me + 3 said...

what a sweet hubby! Wow, i am impressed:)