Monday, December 8, 2008

Change of Pace

I did something out of the norm today. We put the books aside for the morning. I planned a lighter school day, and we spent the morning with my mom. We put the kids to work cleaning baseboards and dusting furniture. We cleaned windows and helped carry boxes out of the upstairs storage closet. When all was said and done, it looked like Christmas in her home.

My mom helps others so much. She has spent the last week and a half helping my grandfather with funeral arrangements as well as cleaning out his house. It felt good to give back a small portion of my day to help her a little.

Now we are back to the books. I love to teach, but sometimes it is a good thing to learn life lessons that are not found in books.

1 comment:

He & Me + 3 said...

I am sure she was so Thankful for your help.