Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Little Mixed Up - Maybe

We planned our evening. My sweetie and I had our "assignments". Dinner was served and it hit me. Our so called plans involved my taking our oldest out to find the parts for her to make a small generator for her science fair project. My husband, on the other hand, was taking the two younger kids to the grocery store to find the ingredients to make 2 dozen cupcakes for a soccer party. He was also going to do all the baking - with the kids! Somehow this all seemed very backwards - me at Home Depot and him at Shop-Rite? We had a good laugh and proceeded with the evening. How precious to mix it up every once-in-a-while. We made our plans not to make it difficult, but rather because each spouse was trying to not "dump" a job on the other. In doing so we stepped out of our comfort zone and found joy in showing love to each other in a very unique way. Extra blessings ensued as I got to spend some time sharing a few laughs with my oldest daughter over a cup of hot cocoa. We weren't able to find what we needed but know now who to ask for help. My sweetie shared precious time and a few laughs making cupcakes with the little ones. My life is tiring and many times draining, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

No comments: